Monday, December 17, 2012

Hell is empty and all the Devils are here:


Last week's massacre in Connecticut
was beyond horrible. It took a little bit of time for me to wrap my ahead around what actually happened. I've never been so ashamed of my species before.

These are odd times we live in folks. Mankind has progressed enough to accomplish great things, yet not enough to stop killing each other. This event will probably start a long debate about gun control and mental health issues here in The United States and I think it's about time. But that isn't enough.

The day of the shootings, after spending all morning shell shocked in front of the TV, I went to run some errands in the afternoon. As I locked my door the lady from the apartment across the way was coming home. We didn't say anything to each other but we made eye contact. I knew from her expression that we were both in the same boat. Disgusted, frightened, heartbroken people. People who under normal circumstances, were too caught up with the mundane "importance" of their everyday lives, and never interact with one another. But not here. In that hallway, on that horrible day, we were just human beings. Acknowledging each others existence and hoping for better days ahead.


I wish one day, this song won't be so accurate.

5 comments:

  1. It was a really tragic event, and I don't think we'll ever fully understand what makes a person do that. There are people who have been through worse than someone who has been through worse than what he did, but would never do such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this man, I just don't get why this person did such a horrible thing and while I'm ashamed that a human can do this there were many brave individuals who were the opposite, who were people to be proud of on that day and those actions to save the children from teachers will forever remind me that there is so much good in humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's at that point that clearly, the US needs to, at the very least, administer psych tests before allowing the purchase of firearms. America will never be rid of guns, but there's no reason why it can't be harder for unstable or dangerous people to have some.

    That Gaza album, however, is incredible

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is low right now, man. Christmas spirit this year is really something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What really disgusts me is the Christian extremists who think God is needed back in schools because if that were so then he would prevented the shooting. If that were true, he'd be no deity any sane person would worship.

    Also a lot ignorance about the (lesser known) crimes that's happens in Christian schools and churches. Where's their explanation for that?

    ReplyDelete