Josh (guitar) and Zac Farro (drums) quit Paramore in late 2010. The split was pretty nasty. Since the band's inception, Josh and front woman Hayley Williams served as the groups main song writers. With the Farro's abrupt departure, the band not only lost one of it's main songwriters, but lost it's musical core as well. Like Pantera without the Abbotts, Vinnie and Dime, or Van Halen without...the Van Halens. How on Earth would Paramore sound without the Farros?
Well, their new self titled album finally dropped earlier this year...and it was kind of a mess. Long rant short: I didn't hate it with a passion, but really, really miss the Farro brothers.
|lifted from Rolling Stone...because Blogger is acting crazy and won't let me upload ANYTHING|
So Paramore came out and the rabid sold out crowd went nuts. Several thousand females shrieking their brains out, it's almost deafening. So here's the good:
- The new songs sound much better live than on the overtly polished new album.
- Hayley Williams is still an amazing front woman/singer (she was recovering from throat problems but still danced/sang her heart out).
- The back up musicians they tour with are all top notch hired guns and really nailed the songs (this was the heaviest the band has ever sounded).
- The band currently exists as a trio, without a permanent 2nd guitarist or drummer which is...insane.
- The hired guns do all the heavy lifting (lead guitar and drums, hello) but stand in the shadows all night.
- Taylor York, the only official guitar player in the band and Hayley defacto song writing partner is still playing rhythm and lets the hired gun behind him play all of Josh's lead. Step it up dude.
- The stage show/production is kind of annoying.