Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fox Searchlight

In case you missed my previous post (you know, the one directly below this one!), I'll summarize it by saying, I really liked the new film, Martha Marcy May Marlene. It's now in wide release and shouldn't be too hard to track down. It's a Fox Searchlight film. Another in a long line of awesome little films.
Here's a cool montage celebrating highlights from Fox Searchlight's awesome track record:

Here's the list of all the films shown for the curious:

12" - Sexy Beast, 28 Days Later, The Last King of Scotland

30" - The Full Monty, Bend It Like Beckham, In America, The Wrestler, Stealing Beauty, The Darjeeling Limited, Millions, Night Watch

1'07"- Sideways, Sunshine, Waking Ned Devine, The History Boys, Ameila, Little Miss Sunshine, Garden State

1'32" - Thirteen, The Namesake, Titus, Thank You For Smoking, Antwone Fisher, Street Kings, The Dancer Upstairs, The Good Thief, Waitress, 500 Days of Summer

2'00" - Best Laid Plans, Kinsey, The Savages, One Hour Photo, The Good Girl, The Clearing, Quills, Super Troopers, Once, Boys Don't Cry, Whip It, Notorious

2'30" - Slumdog Millionaire, Juno, A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Secret Life of Bees, Water, Sideways, Crazy Heart, The Wrestler

3'00" - Fantastic Mr Fox, Stealing Beauty, I ♥ Huckabees, Notes on a Scandal, The Dreamers, Slumdog Millionaire, The Ringer, 500 Days of Summer, The Namesake, Napoleon Dynamite, Little Miss Sunshine


...and that doesn't include recent films like Black Swan, 127 Hours, Cyrus, The Tree of Life, and now, Martha Marcy May Marlene.

*NOTE*
Don't worry, I haven't see a good portion of those films either! But totally enjoyed the ones I did see.

19 comments:

  1. I Heart Huckabees is my jam. Had no idea Fox Searchlight produced so many good movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha @ the super troopers scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I've prob seen 90% at least, most were good, but some were just plain crap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, they do have an amazing track record.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it's definitely varied. A few I loved, a few I liked, some I don't like at all and some I haven't even seen yet. The vid brought some memories though, a few oldies in there that were big to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never noticed it before, but fox searchlight really does have an impressive repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this video, there's some excellent films done under this moniker for sure! Nice post as always man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Thirteen" I enjoyed so much this film, I think I'll have to watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are some good movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy crap this is some great info. never knew this before. why do i not notice things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've seen any of those films :/ I barely recognised any of them either.

    I fail at the movie industry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. little miss sunshine! my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, that's a great montage! It really got me in the mood to watch a lot of them again. I'm happy to see The Dreamers on there. I didn't know Fox Searchlight was involved.
    Slightly off topic and I'm far from a Bieber fan but doesn't Hilary Swank from Boys Don't Cry look like him... yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely some good ones on that montage.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not sure I've seen even one of the films... I hope you have a good day though MR :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Normally I am not a huge fan of Fox, I must say they do put out some really good movies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't seen many of these but the ones I had where good! You seem to have good taste in movies! You should make a list of your favorites! I'd like to hear them! (so I could go watch them if I hadn't seen them yet!)

    ReplyDelete