Thursday, December 15, 2011

60 Fwy Inferno

So I start feeling better and plan on doing some Christmas shopping yesterday on my day off from work when I step outside and see this:


A gas truck (carrying two full tanks) caught fire on the Eastbound lane of the 60 fwy. This is literally my front yard, well if I had one....damn apartments.

Don't care what that sticker says, fires outside your door aren't cool!
That bridge/overpass was basically my connection to the outside world. It's pretty much destroyed and is currently in the process of being torn down as I type this. While the repairs are going on, the 60 fwy is closed for 2 miles in both directions. As one would imagine, this is causing an absolute traffic NIGHTMARE.

So the toxic BBQ sent up some pretty gnarly fumes into the air. I'm not a scientist/doctor but I'm pretty sure the cough and insane amounts of phlegm I've developed since last night might somehow be related to thousands of gallons of burning chemicals unleashed from the accident.  As cool as it's been seeing news crews swarming my hood, and almost being interviewed at the mall and gas station respectively, I'd much rather make it to work on time and not spit black shit out of lungs.  Merry Christmas.


19 comments:

  1. I had a similar one last year. Farther away, granted, but the whole traffic thing? Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, never seen that happen before. Right in front of you apartment, yeah hate them too, lucky you. Ohh the traffic woes. That crap can't be good to breathe either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god. You are safe that is good. Sick, accident in front of apartment - bad luck streak, yeah?
    I might have needed therapy if I had happened to witness this. Stay strong and merry christmas.

    I loved the mustard man video for my Suicide post. I always loved your timely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn :< You could try and, like, talk to a doctor? Maybe you could get like the truck/chemical company or the government to pay for health issues that might arise from coughing up a lung.

    Try and stay safe :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo that is crazy!! Of course this would happen since you're sick already or probably just getting over and now have to inhale fumes... lovely. I am glad to hear that there were no injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's horrible man, here's hoping things get sorted out and fixed quickly, just wow at that video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck surviving out there. I would say I hope things get sorted soon...but America doesn't really seem to have too good a track record at things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats pretty badass. great footage. youre now a reporter :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness I dont have to drive through there...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe its a sign to egnore christmas!

    I hope the cemicals burning doesn't affect you to much! They can be dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow that's exciting. Nothing fun like that ever happens here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What the shit? A pretty crazy thing to see leaving your house. I once had something similar when I was driving home from work. A car on a main street started on fire and I had to wait for two hours deadlocked in traffic before the wreckage was removed. Followed!

    ReplyDelete