Thursday, March 24, 2011

Black Metal Lulz: Frost

Kjetil-Vidar Haraldstad aka Frost, is one of the most talented drummers in extreme metal. He currently drums for both Satyricon and 1349 and has done guests spots for a bunch of other black metal bands. The dude plays lightening fast double bass and bashes his drums with POWER. There's an almost manic quality to his playing that's both inspiring and unsettling at the same time.


Accolades aside, Mr. Frost's appearance in the 2009 black metal documentary, Until The Light Takes Us successfully shits over his insane musical prowess and makes him come off as some trend hoping poseur. Although I strongly disagree with the way Frost is portrayed in the film, even I couldn't help but lol at this airplane scene:

you see that kid's face at the 0:13 mark!? Damn that's some good unscripted stuff. Talk about taking it all a little too seriously. Lighten up Frost...you're scaring the kids!

20 comments:

  1. GEEZ he is FAST with those sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow amazing drummer!!

    Thanks for stopping by my site. I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah definitely blog about The Strokes show you went to!! That'll be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a talent, you can forgive him the other shit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo and the music are badass!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaaha xD that kid is EPIC hes going to be famous just for sitting next to Frost!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats some drumming power right there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard of these two bands names, but never got the chance to hear their music. Going to check out more of their music because Frost's drumming is amazing. Those blast beats are inhuman! I feel sorry for that kid he's probably thinking "I want my mommy" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. i still dont understand the whole white make up thing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jesus, i'd break my wrists trying to do what he can do

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello
    amazing blog
    PLease take the time to check my blog out

    showing some love

    ReplyDelete
  12. looolllzzz

    bigunicorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. he's a living, breathing drum machine

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol, that kid's reaction is priceless

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both, the face of Styr and the kid!! "I don't wanna die mister!"

    I also enjoy your blog! definitely following :>

    ReplyDelete