Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election 2012

douche v. turd
It's election day here in the USA. I'm not impressed with either of the two candidates running for President. Romney is a corporate shill and Obama is hardly the agent of "change" he promised to be in 2008. Back then, anyone who wasn't George W. Bush would have done fine. Not so much these days. Obama is basically Bush Jr. in some regards also. Total bummer.

That's the problem with the American two party system. Democrats or Republicans, both groups are beholden to the corporate interests that REALLY run this country. I may share more ideological views with Democrats, but they're a bunch of passive aggressive pussies who will never get any real socioeconomic change done. Vote Republican? Are you fucking nuts? Really.

Too bad we don't live in a world where Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate for President, stands a chance of winning. I spent some time on Jill's website this past week looking over her stance on the issues and thought: THIS is the change we need in America. Check it out HERE.She won't win though. She doesn't stand a chance actually. Bummer. Major bummer. The American political system is broken. I'm tired of choosing between the lesser of two evils, between a douche and fucking turd. Choices like that, leave us with really no choice at all.

We need more choices on election day. REAL choices. Until that day comes, the sadly prophetic words of the late George Carlin with remain true:

6 comments:

  1. We're all fucked if Romney wins, and I say that as a Brit. We are all fucked. I really thought the crazy things people said about him were just exaggerations but nope, it's all true. The American system is quite screwed, and I hope it does get to change soon. Things aren't too great here, with it mostly being between three parties, but the smaller parties do have a chance, or, at the very least, can get some ground in the parliament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this so much man. It's annoying looking at the elections because to me America is having a real downturn and I hate it because I love America so much. Between recessions and hurricanes things seem to be getting worse and worse and that scares me. I'm at the stage where I don't know who I want to win because neither seems appealing, hopefully things work out though mate and that maybe the election system will change some day or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really need to adopt a Western Europe style of voting. The one place where 3rd parties are not a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The votes over here are siding for the lesser o the two evils. I'm content with having thrown away my vote to a third party with true ideas, and I'd do it again even if the worse candidate came up. I want people upset, I want them to break out of their shells and realize that their fanaticism is pointless.

    I'm slightly upset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you'll just have to go with the lesser evil...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That south park clip will live on forever and will probably always be relevant! haha, makes me happy to see it again!

    ReplyDelete