Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Christian Bale

This tattoo warrants an 8:30 res at Dorsia
Today Is Christian Bale's 39th birthday. Bale is easily one of the best actors of his generation and one of the few figures in Hollywood who I'll support regardless. I'll watch anything he's associated with because I know his performance will be nothing short of awesome, and because he usually chooses roles that don't insult my intelligence.

The Dark Knight Trilogy, The Fighter, Public Enemies, 3:10 To Yuma, The Prestige, The New World, Rescue Dawn, Harsh Times and The Machinist...Bale delivers amazing performances in those films. Despite his world wide fame as Batman, or his Academy Award victory and critical acclaim he's received over the years, in my eyes he will always be the yuppie/serial killer extraordinaire, Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. That movie warped my fragile little mind teenage mind when I saw it on the big screen back in 2000. I swear the film gets funnier and more entertaining every time I watch it and it all stems from Bale's over the top performance. Christian might be the man in Hollywood these days, but his Bateman persona, is a god. Enjoy this awesome American Psycho montage and remember...don't touch the watch.

6 comments:

  1. Yes Jim! I'd forgotten how much you love American Psycho, one of the things we have in common, to me it's still the best Christian Bale film and I love the Batman films. I'd also no idea today was Christian's birthday, I find it so cool right now that he's an Aquarius as well as me. I swear I've watched American Psycho like six times and still love it and I guess I'm headed for this montage again as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian Bale is absolutely amazing at what he does, and I had no idea he was that old. He still looks timeless too, so I think I'm also going to still see him as someone who just doesn't age. And of course, one fantastic actor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant in American Psycho and Equilibrium....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to believe he's almost 40

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen him in Empire of the Sun? He had great presence even when he was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An 8:30 res at Dorsia?

    Hahahahaha!

    Don't forget his work in the Terminator sequel.

    ReplyDelete