Monday, September 27, 2010

Crunch Time: The Black Dahlia Murder

BDM v5.0
in the next morning, could not keep up with these wild teenagers doing multiple stage dives all fucking night. The band has simply blown up beyond my wildest expectations. Each year/album they get bigger and bigger, attracting even younger and younger fans. This is good, this makes their shows exciting, fun and memorable. But now I relegate my role strictly as an observer and am no longer an active participant. I was done. Since then I've learned to enjoy BDM shows from the back of the venue, occasionally making my way down to the floor for a song or two to try and catch Shannon Lucas shredding the fuck out of his drums. This is why I surprised myself last time Dahlia rolled through SoCal (with Obscura). I was in the back chillin' when they played some old songs that peeked my interest and brought me down to the floor. Next thing you know they're playing "A Vulgar Picture" off Miasma and I'm standing next to Trevor doing a stage dive. WTF? haha.

I don't even remember how I got up there but I think it has something to do with this song. Mainly, that fucking riff at the 2:36 mark of the video.

21 comments:

  1. NICE, man! Opportunity of a LIFETIME!! FUCK though, I love Black Dahlia. Every CD they release is always better and better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havnt heard of them, will def check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard this band before but I added it to my YouTube queue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. never heard of them before, but i kinda like them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah ive always liked this brutal stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oo, showed it to a friend and they're all excited. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of them before, but hey, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly never heard of them, so I'll have to check them out now. Thought you were talking about the actual murder at first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BDM is great band, I have seen them live every time they tour near where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll try this band out. They sound really great from your post.

    ReplyDelete