Thursday, December 9, 2010

Better Late Than Never...

I went and saw Black Swan the other night. Awesome film. Loved it. Darren Aronofsky strikes again. I'll have a full review up eventually. Natalie Portman gives an amazing (although restrained...which is the nature of her character) performance but I walked out of the theater spell bound by Mila Kunis. Yeah she's hot, but this was the first real/serious performance I've seen from her and was blown away. I walked out thinking, she's come a long way from That 70's Show, which I never really watched. Then I remembered she had a role on a short lived mid 1990's sitcom called Nick Freno: Licensed Teacher. Some goofy white dude who acted black taught some wacky kids and hilarity was supposed to ensue. I don't really remember much about this show other than it was on The WB in the 90's so it probably sucked. I just remember Mila Kunis' character was like a 12 year old version of Snooki from Jersey Shore...with a reeeeaaaallly annoying voice.

So I went and googled Nick Freno the next day and was sad to learn that the dude who played him, comedian Mitch Mullany had died back in 2008. From a diabetic related stroke or something. That bummed me out, but then I watched a clip of his stand up on youtube and saw the guy was actually funny. Like really funny. So now I'm really bummed about this.



R.I.P. man. And thanks Black Swan/Mila Kunis for leading me down this sad path of discovery.

14 comments:

  1. ohgawd a 12 year old version of snooki. i can only imagine the worst here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was totally serious in Forgetting Sarah Marshall...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt know she was in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, only seen it twice. i guess i forgot.

    will have to give this movie a watch, that standup had me lolling too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mila Kunis is a great actor, there's another good movie with her in it, but i can't remember the name right now

    ReplyDelete
  5. waiting for the Black Swan review, I was prepared to be "Meh", saw the trailer, I was "Hmmm", reading reviews, I might actually spend the money to go see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black Swan? I haven't even heard about that movie until now. Then again, I really haven't been keeping a close eye on movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice I am really looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool blog.
    Some very good content.
    Ive followed you, please follow back ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hm very nice.
    I think i like it, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete