Friday, May 20, 2011

R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage/ bye bye The Faceless

R.I.P.
Woke up and found out that Randy "Macho Man" Savage died in a car crash this morning. It's being reported he had a heart attack while driving and lost control of his vehicle. Macho Man was a huge superstar for the WWF back in the 1980's and 90's. By the time I got hooked on pro wrestling (about 8 years old) Savage spent less time in the ring and was announcing the matches on Monday Night Raw and doing these awesome Slim Jim commcerials:


*OTHER SAD NEWS*

Derek Ryquist has quit The Faceless. Again. But for reals this time. Derek was the vocalist/frontman for The Faceless since 2006 and has been featured on both of their full length albums. To most people, all this cookie monster growling shit sounds the same; but to the trained ear (geeks) it was easy to recognize Derek had immense power and dare I say....range with his vocal delivery. Here's my favorite song from The Faceless to see Derek off in style.

17 comments:

  1. R.I.P Macho Man, a legend of wrestling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Final words:

    Ohhhhh yeahhhh! Ohhhhh yeahhhh! Ohhhhh noooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that's who Randy Savage was. I remember him, I was just never a fan.

    And sorry about Derek, I always hate it when key pieces of a band decide to up and leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whhhaaaat?? I am actually bummed out to hear he died... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still remember him :( Sad day indeed

    ReplyDelete
  6. i dont watch wrestling anymore because they dont have classic characters like this anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shall munch on some slim jim in his honor

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend told me about this today =(
    R.I.P Macho Man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw man, that's terrible :( At least he died in a slightly extreme way though, i mean, a heart attack while driving?

    ReplyDelete
  10. never heard of macho man, RIP. he sure looks like a hottie =P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn I just heard a few hours ago. That sucks, he was a pretty hilarious guy.

    RIP big guy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We ate Slim Jims in his honor yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sad news about Randy Savage. Rest in Peace.

    ReplyDelete