Monday, May 30, 2011

Female Obsession: Jamie Chung


Welcome to this special, spur of the moment edition of Female Obsession. I didn't plan on posting one of these for May, since I'm not a complete pervert and don't have a long list of ladies sorted out in a monthly schedule. I post em' when I post em' basically. That all changed after I saw The Hangover: Part II this weekend (review coming shortly) which stars the lovely Jamie Chung.

Real World 04'. Represent.
I've loved Jamie ever since her stint on MTV's The Real World: San Diego back in 2004. She was one of the "quiet/good girl" types every season has. Meaning she didn't get shitfaced drunk and fight/strip naked for attention. This was the last season of The Real World I watched regularly and since she was my favorite cast member from this season, it's no wonder she always lingered in my head. Flash forward a few years and suddenly my favorite reality tv star is a Hollywood actress. I was ecstatic.

Sadly, her filmography was hardly worth celebrating. She nabbed the coveted role of "Hooters girl" in I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Chi Chi in Dragonball: Evolution and a co-staring gig in everyone's favorite cinematic epic, Sorority Row. So yeah, needless to say, I never got around to seeing much of Jamie in the movie theater but oh how I longed for the day when she would appear in something worthy of her talent, and my hard earned cash. Jamie stared with Vanessa Hudgens (last month's Female Obsession inductee btw) in this year's girl power romp Sucker Punch, but since I suck at life I totally missed that one in theaters =/ Thankfully, the Jamie Chung curse has been broken! She has an important role in The Hangover: Part II, a HUGE film that will hopefully break Jamie's acting career into the stratosphere.
Hangover 2 = $$$$!
So this is more of a congratulatory post to Miss Chung. She, the best thing MTV has produced since the turn of the century, the hottest Asian girl on the planet and now, hopefully a truly rising Hollywood talent.

As this video illustrates, Jamie appears super down to Earth, genuinely stoked to be in this acting game and is really, really ridiculously good looking.

MOAR Chung overload:

29 comments:

  1. she is ok but not the best looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shes so beautiful and sexy ! love her !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Hangover 2 in the weekend also!!

    Jamie Chung is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen it yet.. but she just adds to reason. Not an impressive resume up there... for now, right? Of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, she's definitely hot but I'm not sure I share your level of enthusiasm. The chances of me seeing her on the big screen in the near future are approximately 100% though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks very pretty. I love it when girls keep themselves fit. Plus her hair is awesome. She knows how to make herself look good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those alright, I am just not into Asians at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time hearing about this girl and she's a qt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. shes very pretty! I still gotta see the hangover II!! followed

    ReplyDelete
  10. So thats who she was in suckerpunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um get Sucker Punch on DVD because she's smoking in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would drag my balls through a mile of broken glass, just to hear her fart on the other end of a walkie talkie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember her from Drangon Ball! she was the only thing worthy about that horrible movie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM YUM! I APPROVE THIS POST.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So it's basically the same film eh?

    ReplyDelete