Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Twin Suns Tuesday

Some dudes I know from way back in high school have a band called Twin Suns. They rule.

They have this thing on facebook called Twin Suns Tuesday where they do some extra promotional stuff for their band and try to get their friends/fans to spread the word. Well I'm not too active on facebook these days and any promotion I'd do on there would be like preaching to the choir anyways so that is why I turn my attention to you fellow bloggers.

Here's a little Twin Suns sample:


High energy stuff, not too abrasive but hardly pansy tunes by any means. Every guy in the band can shred their respective instruments to pieces yet they restrain themselves enough to craft catchy, yet technically dazzling songs.

This is the ending/jam from their song "Voices." I took this footage at one of their shows in January, but sadly, it was my first time using my Sony Bloggie digital video camera and I uh, kind of munched the sound up (i.e. covered the speakers) =/
Sorry about that. Their performance still rules though!

As you can see, well those who watched at least, this band shreds all over the place and just oozes energy. I'm so glad that one time band geekness could be transformed into rockin' kickassery.

Hope some of you bloggers got a kick out of this.
You can download (or buy) their EP over at their bandcamp page, HERE.
For more Twin Suns goodness, follow them on facebook, HERE.

23 comments:

  1. Im listening to Racing right now,Great sound man and im digging the vocals im bought man killer sound thx for sharing man gonna tell my friends about them

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can tell they like star wars...

    ReplyDelete
  3. they sound great! will try and check it out. following

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check it out when I get home to my computer with sound! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like their sound. Like ambient blending into progressive stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. is that an actual afro? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice sounds, awesome name, and a killer logo. I hope they go far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. is that ed in the bottom right corner? i liked the instrumentals

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like, ill check out more of them!=)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! they're not that bad :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. really good, interesting guitar work there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't really get a kick out of this...

    Tho you are a very good person for promoting them out of your own free will :D!

    ReplyDelete
  13. their sound's actually pretty interesting, in a good way

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet band, I'm definitely hearing the Mars Volta influence in here :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was pretty awesome! Good band!

    ReplyDelete