Thursday, November 18, 2010

Crunch Time: Celtic Frost

I think I failed to explain in my previous Crunch Time post that this would be an ongoing thing here on my Jim's Fear bloggy blog. No, I totally failed to mention it. Instead of announcing the purpose of the Crunch Time segment, to highlight the awesomeness of my favorite HEAVY metal riffs, I wrote a drawn out "The Black Dahlia Murder is super rad" editorial which is causing me to explain myself here. Oh wells.

Are you Morbid?
So here is Celtic Frost, one of the most important yet criminally underrated metal bands of all time. They may look retarded but seriously, without Celtic Frost, metal's evolution would have been stunted in it's infancy. No Celtic Frost = No Black Metal, No Grindcore, No world I want to live in. The fellow with the luscious blond locks is Thomas Gabriel Fischer aka Tom G. Warrior. Previously of Hellhammer, currently of Triptykon, he will go down in history as the man behind Celtic Frost and creator of this FAT FUCKING RIFF right here (begins at the 8 second mark):



Holy feces, did ya feel that? Huh? I did. Still do after all these years. Tom's opening little Howard Dean scream rules so hard ("Yeeeeeeeeow!") Just about every Napalm Death songs in the past decade has an obligatory "Celtic Frost" part that sounds exactly like this song. So enjoy the epicness of Celtic Frost.

25 comments:

  1. Love the artwork. Sounds a bit like Judas Priest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAven't heard Celtic Frost in a while....I hear them mainly on a radio show Sunday nights here in Phoenix called Into the Pit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its been a while since i've heard them, thanks for the refresher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow cmon, they dont look retarded :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME
    Great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh damn what a sweet video. deff going to play it again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice song ! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice vid. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always feel manly when i hear them

    ReplyDelete
  10. i liked the song, even though i usually dont listen to stuff like this

    ReplyDelete
  11. His scream is pretty awesome actually. I've never heard of this band!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that is some wicked fucking riff

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post and great blog! I like this song.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i needed something to amp me up a bit and this video did the job. i love the riffs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. not my style but i cant hate on it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I appreciate all kinds of music.. not really my thing though..

    ReplyDelete